Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Class survey

My name is Samantha Caruso-Taylor, but you can call me Sami Taylor. I am from Cleveland, Ohio. My email where I can be reached at is scarusotaylor18@jcu.edu. One thing that i consider unique about me is I have a helix device in the wall of my heart for closure of Atrial Septal Defect. I am also a distance runner, I run track and cross country. One thing that I really enjoy doing is having Disney marathons on rainy days. In order for me to take intellectual and creative risks in a course mutual respect needs to be present, so that I know that everyone's ideas and opinions are respected fully. Personally I believe that the GPS was the most important technological invention in history because I am not directionally talented, I like visuals a lot so telling me the directions to a specific location will not help me, but having the GPS to guide me and give me a visual of my route is very useful to me. Also without the GPS I would not be able to find an alternate route in case of construction or closures; the GPS quickly evaluates the situation and gives me other routes that are helpful or quicker than others. Social justice means that all people are treated equally no matter what; a person's race, gender, sexual orientation, social status or religion does not make them superior to others; all people are to be respected and acknowledged as human beings. Social justice is something that is very dear to my heart because of the focus it was given in my last theology class; that class gave me a new insight into the issues that i had been ignorant towards for so many years because of my lack of knowledge of them. Some issues that i find important are abortion, countries stuck in poverty, and religion. In accordance with abortion I have attended the march for life in  Washington D.C. every January for the past four years, a march that strives to put an end to abortions because killing an unborn child kills a future doctor, scientist, or our next president. This has been a cause very dear to my heart that i want to make illegal, so that more babies are given a chance in our world just like you and me.
What specifically fascinates you about social justice?

Which social justice issue do you hold near to your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment