Friday, October 10, 2014

Cyber bullying

My social action project will respond to the issue of cyber bullying which affects people of all ages. Bullies can sit behind their computers and bully whoever they want to. It is wrong that these bullies have so much power, they get away with pushing someone to suicide. Cyber bullying is using social media to put someone down with name calling, insults, put downs, or threats. Personally I have been a victim of cyberbullying, and it hurts because there was no bystanders, there was no one there to stand up for me because it was between me and the bully, only with courage on my part could something had been done, but like most victims I did not say anything in fear of what could result from me speaking up. Fear kept me from standing up for myself and getting justice.


An approach could be guerrilla art or a documentary. The guerrilla art could be a slide show or a visual representational of how cyber bullying has affected different people and how the suspect can be a victim themselves. Instead of focusing on who the victim is, maybe taking it from the perspective of the bully and what they go through that pushes them to be that cruel to to others. Raising awareness of how a bully may act this certain way because of the way that they are constantly treated, maybe at home or school. A cyberbully may do it just to get rid of the built up anger from being bullied themselves. The documentary can explore the bullies mindset and maybe they are just crying for help in a different way.


No comments:

Post a Comment