Friday, October 17, 2014

Cyberbullying is NOT okay.

I was strolling through Facebook today when I saw a video on cyberbullying, this video showed how viral and far cyberbullying has gone in our society today. In this video a dance studio used their talents to demonstrate the effects of cyberbullying and how damaging to a person it can really be. This video really spoke volumes to me  because it was so true. The part that hit me the most is when they said, 'If cyberbullying was a school, I bet half the people I knew would be sitting in the Principal's office. I bet most of them would not graduate to get there degree in kindness.' That is probably so true, people are mean and cruel online but to your face their kind and innocent. I honestly wish that I was not here blogging about cyberbullying, but I am because it's a real thing that affects so many people in our generation today, it's a real thing that needs to be put to a stop. But from my research I have found that bullies are not always kids that just get joy out of bullying, but rather kids that get bullied in their own homes, kids that just want to get attention, kids that have been the victim themselves; I have found that bullies are more than the cruel person people make them out to be. For some they bully because that's how they were raised, that's what they were taught as being right. Cyberbullying is not always about the bully wanting to be mean, but none the less cyberbullying is still wrong regardless of the motive. From what the video suggests cyberbullying is not decreasing, only increasing the more and more that technology increases. As technology advances so does the accessibility and frequency of cyberbullying, it's only get worse. Cyberbullying needs to be spoken out about, people need to know that its not right, it's not acceptable to put down someone that you won't even face to face with. Cyberbullying is the coward's way out, too scared to come face to face with the victim, but willing to knock them down behind their screen where they can become completely anonymous, no one will never know it was you. Cyberbullying is nothing new, it's been happening since the beginning of technology, but i think it's finally time that someone speaks out and ends this phenomena. 

http://sfglobe.com/?id=16190&src=fbfan_16190
http://cogsci.stackexchange.com/questions/4231/what-motivates-individuals-to-engage-in-cyberbullying

No comments:

Post a Comment